Sunday, February 9, 2014

My bucket list



So what's on your bucket list? Far too often I find myself flipping through magazines mesmerized by a seemingly normal activity or place advertised on a another page and can't help but think "yeah, I want to do that one day"or "someday I'll visit that place." Then along with everyone else we add it to our bucket list, just to never think about it again. Over the past few years I've managed to rack up what seems like a book filled of things I want to accomplish before I... you know, kick the bucket, or go to the big...before I die. Sounds a bit morbid doesn't it? So I've set out on a personal mission to turn my book into a story, to turn my bucket list into a to-do list and start checking off my life goals before I die. First Let's start out with my trip to Texas, this is where it all started. About 2 weeks ago I set off on a journey to the lone star state, and not just for a much needed vacation or for the amazing delicacy that I call deep fried Oreos, but for business. Almost immediately after my plane landed I met up with some friends, we spent hours telling jokes, and reminiscing our most embarrassing moments but more importantly we took time out to exchange ideas on how to further the future of our blog while still maintaining the message we've worked so hard to portray. One of the topics we all seemed to agree on, was trying to show people around the world that anything is possible no matter where you come from. That's when the idea of putting together our bucket lists came to light. The very next day we all met up in the most suspicious of all places. Not our hotel, or a restaurant, or in any part of the city for that matter, but in a small neighborhood. The kind of neighborhood where everyone knows you by name, there were no big malls, fancy buildings, taxis, or sidewalks crowded with people. Actually there was pretty much no sidewalks at all, it was just the bare minimum, and farms, a lot of farms. I was obviously out of my comfort zone we we're definitely not in NYC anymore. But being there was quit possibly the most humbling experience I've had in a while. Okay off topic, when we got there we met some amazing people and tasted some amazing authentic southern cuisine that I'm still not sure exactly what it was but I know it was delicious. We then met up with a lady who showed us around town, we visited these shops run by small business owners, people like you and me. There I was given the chance to try deep fried Oreos and even make my own which by the way was a disaster. What was so amazing about this place was we weren't just given experiences but we we're given the chance to make memories that last a lifetime. She then shared with us a list of things that we had to do before we left Texas, and that's when we thought "hey what a perfect time to tell her about our bucket list idea." Yeah, bad idea. All the sudden her along with what seemed like the rest of the town gave us a list of attractions, foods we had to try, and historic sites, things that made Texas such a beautiful place for families to visit and for tourists to explore. We we're so overwhelmed and honestly didn't know where to start. So we sat down and created one big a cumulative list of everything we wanted to do, including the new ideas we we're just given. We we're in Texas for about 2 weeks, and in that time frame we managed to organize a couple of interviews, work on new post ideas, and not to mention we went to a big time rush concert!! They're no backstreet boys but I still love these guys. Most importantly we we're reminded of why we started this business in the first place. We want people to realize you can do anything even if right now you maybe thinking otherwise. We wanted to give you someone you can relate too, and share our stories to help you do the same. Now I know you're probably wondering, "well where's the bucket list???" and for the sake of saving space and time, and not losing your interest, we're going to be posting it in parts. (Just a reminder these are in no particular order) but the next couple of posts are going to be dedicated to revealing to you what's on our bucket list, sharing our adventures, and keeping you as involved as we possibly can. We plan to document every trip, every opportunity, and every story keeping you as updated as possible. So what we want to know is what's on your bucket list? Tweet your stories to @beauty_breaking using the hashtag #mybucketlist who knows we might even do some of them!!

1 comment:

  1. Love this bucket list post!!

    Have a wonderful day.

    xoxo
    Kelly

    http://www.we-heart-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete